Rack of Lamb Genghis Khan
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Spicy Lamb
A recipe developed by Chef Marcus Haight during his tenure as Executive Chef at The Lark Restaurant in West Bloomfield, Michigan for 17 years. He has held leadership positions at four of the 15 Mobil Guide Five-Star restaurants in the US. This includes the Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, WV, La Maisonette in Cincinnati, OH, Le Francais in Wheeling, IL and Le Bec Fin in Philadelphia, PA.
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Coleman’s mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 lamb racks (8 ribs each), trimmed
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- To make the marinade, combine the first ten ingredients. Place in a plastic bag with the lamb and marinate in the refrigerator for 48 hours.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade, place in a shallow roasting pan and let stand at room temperature.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roast for 15 to 25 minutes, depending on the size, or to 120 degrees for rare lamb. The hoisin sauce is brushed on during the last 5 minutes of roasting.
- Rest 6 to 7 minutes before carving.