Oil Poached Tuna Salad
Recipe Type: Salad
Cuisine: Mediterranean Bistro
This makes a truly delicious salad which can certainly stand on it’s own as a main course. The recipe below is essentially for four people. Just reduce the quantities for fewer servings (or increase for more). The recipe works very well at almost any quantity.
- 1 15oz can of rinsed navy beans (Feel free to use dried flagolet or navy beans and soak them overnight)
- Kosher Salt
- 1lb of green and/or wax beans
- 2 – 3 cups of good olive oil (sounds a lot I know, use a little good judgement here once you see how to make the entire recipe and how many servings you are making).
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 or more 4oz Tuna steaks (bigeye or albacore). If you are feeling flush then buy Ahi Tuna steaks!
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 anchovies packed in oil, drained and finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup or more of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill and some small sprigs put aside for decorating the servings
- 1 cup small Sun Gold or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup of Kalamata Olives, pitted, and halved
- A deep-fry thermometer