Recipe Type: Dinner
- 1 large joint of pork, such as a hand of pork
- For the Marinade
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole bulb of garlic, crushed by hand
- Plenty of fresh thyme
- Plenty of fresh rosemary
- 2 big pinches of salt
- 1 big pinch of pepper
- 330ml bottle American pale ale
- Put the pork into an oven tray. Start by scoring the pork along the skin as if making crackling.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl then cover the pork in the marinade. Rub the sauce and the garlic into the scored slits in the meat and leave the to marinate overnight.
- The next day preheat the oven to 240°C/gas mark 9. Put the pork into the oven for 20 minutes or until it gets a great colour. After 20 minutes take the meat out, cover it in tin foil and put it back into the oven at a cooler 140°C/gas mark 1 for 8 hours to slow roast. Eight hours later it should pull from the bone and be lovely and tender.