Sweet Potato Fries with Basil Salt and Garlic Mayonnaise
Recipe Type: Snacks
Serves: 4 – 6
- 5 sweet potatoes, cut into about 1 by 5-inch “fries”
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the sweet potato “fries” on a foil-lined baking sheet and toss with the olive oil. Bake until golden, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the basil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. In another small bowl combine the mayonnaise, garlic, and lemon juice, and stir to combine.
- When the sweet potato fries come out of the oven, sprinkle with the basil salt. Serve with the garlic mayonnaise alongside for dipping.