Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp with Garlic Dipping Sauce
- 18 thin slices prosciutto
- 18 fresh basil leaves
- 18 extra-large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 18 bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- Place 1 prosciutto slice on work surface, short end parallel to edge. Place 1 basil leaf at 1 short end of prosciutto slice. Place 1 shrimp atop basil leaf. Roll up shrimp in prosciutto. Thread shrimp on skewer. Repeat with remaining prosciutto, basil, shrimp and skewers. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate.)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Combine vinegar, mustard and garlic in blender. Gradually add oil; blend well. Transfer to small bowl. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Grill wrapped shrimp until opaque in center, turning frequently, about 6 minutes. Transfer to platter. Serve hot or at room temperature with sauce.